Thursday, January 13, 2011

New signs

EDITED – Only a certain type of signs have changed - Sidereal astrology, the Eastern branch – and it won’t come as any surprise to anyone that follows the Eastern style  http://shine.yahoo.com/channel/none/has-your-horoscope-changed-2439951/  … 

So Beckie’s been knocked for a loop.  She put so much emphasis on her astrological sign.  I have no idea why.  But one of her favorite reference books in the family library is Caitlin Jonstone’s “Complete Book of Astrology”.  Now that’s all changed. 

Beckie’s now a Capricorn.  She’s got a lot of willpower and knows her own self.  I’m trying to make her responsible, but at eleven, who’s really responsible?  She is horribly introverted and very obstinate, but she accepts authority fine and is pretty even tempered.

The little kids are no longer Geminis; they’re Tauruses.  No surprise there.  Marion is compassionate and both of them are very strong physically.  They’re both stubborn and sensitive.  Cae can get aggressive, and neither one likes change at all.

I’m now an Aries.  Uh oh.  But reading up on it…  I don’t feel adventurous, energetic or courageous.  Confident?  Don’t make me laugh.  I don’t feel self-centered or impulsive, but I am short-tempered and impatient. 

Donovan’s no longer a Cancer.  He’s a Gemini.  But the Gemini description doesn’t match my memories of him.  He’s never been good at communication.  I would NEVER describe him as jovial or flexible.  He can be selfish and restless.  His personality never seemed confused, but he’s always has a problem with being punctual.

The good thing is that Donovan and I are still what’s called a “love match”.  But in reading the family astrology reference, there’s a reference to the “new” sign.  And in the book it says that the actual placement of the stars aren’t used because “tropical astrology works” (Johnstone, The Complete Book of Astrology, 2004, p. 434).

This makes me wonder… Is this the opinion of ALL of those that study astrology?  If so, does this mean that the field is going to split, with those that embrace the new sign doing their thing, and those that swear by tropical astrology trundling along like nothing ever changed?

It will be interesting to see if this is going to spawn a whole new set of reference materials or if the furor will die down and everything will go back to the way it was.

2 comments:

  1. So what does that make me now???? I have always been a Virgo, but it never really suited me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went from being a Libra/Scorpio cusp to Virgo. As my moon sign was in Virgo already, it makes sense. Still... oi!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you cannot be civil, any swears can and will be changed to random cheeses.