Unless you’ve got kenders. Then, until they crash, you get to listen to “NO! Mine!” tantrums, and tattling all while trying to clean house and take your mind off that pesky missing husband.
I know what you’re thinking. “Oh, come on, Alex, once they’re in bed you could have SOMETHING to drink.” Tell me, how pitiful would that be? Sitting in my front room drinking a delightful non-alcoholic treat cross stitching while the dog tries to dig out that enticing smell from the couch and Beckie asks me questions about whatever mindless program is on the TV. Besides, I don’t drink when the spouse isn’t here.
But enough “woe woe is me” crap. I’ve got a pile of good intentions for the new year. I’m sure that you do too. Mine are so terribly common… Ha ha.
- Lose some weight. Donovan says he’s happy no matter what size I am (suuuuuuuuure) but I need to lose some because it’s making my constant pain worse.
- Move to a better/cheaper place. I HATE this apartment. I’ve already got something in mind, but I need the taxes to be deposited before I can make an offer.
- Get all the little kids (2 and 4 footed) house broken. I think this one’s self explanatory.
- Find a dependable babysitter. I’ve been back in Vegas almost 6 years now, and have yet to find a sitter that is available when I need them.
- Take a ceramics class. But to do that I need a sitter.
- Re-start my clothing and gift company. I had to close it down because no one was buying. This time I need a stock built up, and some really great pictures, along with an amazing web-site.
I’d love to go back to school, but right this moment I doubt that I can. Marion’s too little, and there’s always that VERY slight chance that we’ll get transferred.
It’s hard to make plans when our future is so murky. I mean, next week we could get orders to join Donovan. Or I could win MegaBucks. Both are just as likely to happen at this point in the game…