Thursday, December 30, 2010

Is this thing on?

Okay, this is me and I’m going to blog.  Hopefully it will help with all the insanity that is our family situation.

My name is Alex.  I’m closer to 40 than 21.  My husband has been in Germany since May 2009, we haven’t gotten permission to go.  The reasons are myriad and convoluted and at least once a month make me cry.

I’ve got 3 kids –

Beckie is 11 and high functioning autistic.  She likes reading way past her bedtime and hates going to school while it’s still dark.

Caelen is my only boy.  He’s 4 and also autistic.  He also goes to school and right now we’re working on potty training.

Marion is my youngest and is 2.  She is completely main-stream (we don’t use the word “normal” at our house).  Some of the things she does make me look at her and say "What are you doing?!?"  She usually answers "I no no, Mommy".

Vaca is our little dog.  She’s a chi-weenie and bent on rabbit hopping across me and my bed as soon as I get comfortable every night for the rest of my life.

Right now we live in Southern Nevada, less than 15 minutes from the house I grew up in.  We’re a Neo-Pagan family; I’m a conservative Wiccan, my husband is Pagan.  Our kids are learning about other faiths besides our own to try and nip any budding intolerance in the bud.

I’ve been involved with Renn faires for most of my adult life.  My kids have been to war and lived to drive me nuts.

I’ve got some pretty solid political beliefs that will usually offend either the left, right or both (women have rights?  Gasp!  Are you sure about that???).

So, sit back, relax, and get a glimpse into my personal insane asylum.  Hopefully it’s interesting.  Or it could be a snooze fest… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot be civil, any swears can and will be changed to random cheeses.