Monday, January 30, 2012

I so need a job.

Just like last year, I am house hunting again.  Why you ask?  Oh, didn’t I tell you?  To keep health insurance, D’s doing nasty guard for at least 3 years.  So we’re staying in Cat Box.  Boo.  But, I’ve found something REALLY promising, even more than last year’s finds – 4 bedrooms and a pool.  A POOL.  And there’s a fence around it.  I really want to be moved in and settled before D gets home.
In addition to transitioning to the nasty guard, D’s going to do some training for a new job.  So it’s unknown if he’s going to be home before or after the kids get out of school.  No matter, he’s coming home.  The Daddy jar is constantly emptying; I really don’t want to have to add more to it on the sly, but I will if I have to.
The oral steroid I’ve been on has lowered the swelling in my forearms to almost normal again.  Which is amazing to me.  The pain med, on the other hand, is HORRIBLE.  It knocks me on my butt about 90 minutes after I take it.  And then I sleep for HOURS longer than I should.  And I DO mean hours.  The day is lost by the time I get up, the kids destroy what they can on the sly, and I feel as if I’ve got a hangover…  I’ve never had a hangover, so I’m not sure. 
My migraines are back.  Seems my dad has been getting cluster migraines, too.  His wife asked me tonight how I handle mine, and I told her “a dark room, food that B can feed the little kids, Excederin migraine, and lots of water.”
So Squish brought up a viable thought for a job…  Becoming a housekeeper.  I mean, yeah, my house looks like a bomb hit it a lot of the time, but I’m amazing at cleaning other people’s houses for some reason.  It’s a sickness, it really is.  So I’m going to discuss it with the hubs and see what he thinks about this, see if he wants me to wait, etc, and maybe put up a Craig’s List ad.  Add that to the tutoring and free-lance work, and maybe things will get a little easier finance wise?  G-ds, I hope so, cause this is getting crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot be civil, any swears can and will be changed to random cheeses.