Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Waaaaaaaaah, I’m a plant killer!

So, as you can probably tell, my youngest, Miss Scarlett, has a bit of an attitude.  The other night I was working on something for school and she crawled under my desk.  I told her “You better get outta there before you get hurt.”  She immediately smacks her head.  I ask her “are you okay?”  Her answer?  “ Can you PWEASE kiss my head” in a “geez woman, and you call yourself a parent” voice.
Boychik is sick sick sick.  He’s nearly six and of all things, he’s got croup.  Dr C describes it as a “barking seal cough” to the interchangeable interns.  I swear, they’re like the Emilys in Terry Pratchett’s books.  So Boychik’s on an oral steroid for three days, panda time for 2 weeks, and singulair.  The consensus is that the oral steroid is horrible, and to give it to him I have to straddle his chest to control his arms, hold his forehead, and repeatedly say “open your mouth!  You can’t have your chocolate milk till you take all your medicine!”  Tonight was a double dose and he tried to spit the last little bit in my face.  He missed and it ended up running down the side of his face.  Joy.  Right now he’s passed out in my over-stuffed chair and IS NOT coughing.  Yes, that’s a HUGE deal.
I'm kinda sick, too.  I'm coughing, I've got a sinus headache that is affecting my jaw and my wisdom teeth (yep, still got them, I'm wise, hahaa) and making me miserable.  Throat is raw, I'm taking medicine that doesn't need a prescription but you've got to sign for it.  Stupid meth cookers.  I've got cough drops, too.
The culmination of nearly three years is now in the final stages.  I’m excited, but not expecting much at the same time.  Still no news on D’s orders.  In a little over 2 months he’s TECHNICALLY supposed to get out.  He and his friend IR are waiting on medical extensions.  I’m not cruel enough to tell them not to hold their collective breath.
Oh.  I almost forgot.  My 20 year high school reunion is this summer.  I’m not sure how I really feel about that.  I mean, I didn’t really like these people when I went to school with them…  Do I really want to go?  I WAS the freaky weird kid that no one wanted to talk to…  The adult part is $55-$65 depending on when you buy tickets.  The family party starts at $15.  Both serve food.  The grown up party will have booze…  I really don’t want to go by myself.  I’m hoping that D will be home or can take some leave by then.  The thought of going to this thing not only fat but sans husband doesn’t really sound fun.
All the lettuce that I’ve tried planting keeps dying.  Either from Miss Scarlett helping or I don’t know what…  It’s annoying.  I WANT to grow veggies dammit!  But instead I’ve got sad little plants that are fighting to die.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you cannot be civil, any swears can and will be changed to random cheeses.